Freelance / Contract Scenic Designer
We are always on the lookout for talented, creative and ambitious freelancers to join our growing team. If you fulfill the following requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Familiarity with scenic, stage set, and trade show display design products, systems, and fabrication methodologies.
- Must know systems like Agam/Rexframe, Atomic/FormSet, Sketchup, Layout, and Photoshop.
- Able to work between Sketchup and Photoshop to communicate designs and renderings to clients and vendors/fabricators.
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to research rental and custom fabrication systems and processes with regards to scenic design.
- Able to produce detail drawings and designer's elevations in Sketchup/Layout of scenic elements for fabrication/rental/on site assembly.
- Knows their way around stage set and event design principles.
- Able to collaborate with company leadership and creative team to ensure accuracy in designs.
- Familiar with standard production and rigging practices/principles
- Able to work with technical director to determine and execute necessary rigging.
- Able to work within vector programs such as AutoCAD or Adobe Illustrator to create files for CNC routing and other vector based manufacturing processes such as foam cutting for 3D logos, etc.
- Able to communicate with vendors to ensure rental and fabrication quotes are accurate, and to work with project manager to make sure elements are procured for production.